POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy julia v3 : Re: Grassy julia v3 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy julia v3
From: Mack Tuesday
Date: 23 Jun 2003 18:10:01
Message: <web.3ef779deb30c05f98c62a7cb0@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
>"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message
>> Rock texture is much better!
>
>Woohoo! at last somebody noticed :)

I noticed too.  I thought the older one had too many blemishes.

>>  The objects do change the whole scale and
>> perspective... hmmm... the parasol doesn't fit, but chair looks good.

I agree about this.  Perhaps you could put a drink on the armrest of the
chair.
Yeah, and put the parasol in that!

>I've been trying to think of something to do with more fractals, the best I
>could come up with was some fractal clouds but they would look out of place. I
>don't want more of this kind of fractal, because I feel it works better being
>so out of place.

I agree.

This is turning out to be a very exciting piece!  An excellent, simple idea
that I wish I had thought of myself, that I probably wouldn't have realized
as beautifully as you have.  Keep up the good work!